Your skin is the largest organ in your body and is the first defense against daily attacks from your environment. Sunshine, cold, pollution and changes in temperature are your skin’s worst enemies. To avoid outbreaks of spots, blackheads or wrinkles, and for great-looking skin, here are 10 beauty tips that you can use every day:
1. Determine your skin type (dry, oily, combination). If you are not sure of your skin type, ask a doctor or dermatologist.
2. Clean your face in the morning and at night with an appropriate cleanser. This is one of the secrets to keep a great skin!
3. Use products that are suited to your skin type to clean, moisturise and protect it.
4. Remove your makeup every night before you go to bed, to clean your skin of all the impurities, make-up and excess sebum. Your skin can then breathe and regenerate overnight, guaranteeing great skin when you wake up!
5. Excess sun exposure can cause skin damage and appearance of wrinkles. Your skin becomes less toned and loses its elasticity. To maintain great skin for as long as possible, avoid too much exposure, and always protect your skin with sun cream.
6. For great skin day after day, remember to keep hydrated by drinking at least 1.5l of water a day.
7. Once a week, give yourself time for a bit of a beauty ritual. Start by exfoliating your skin to get rid of impurities. Then use a moisturising or astringent beauty mask, depending on your skin type. Use natural products like yeast, clay, honey, milk or sweet almond oil.
8. Indulge yourself to a complete professional treatment (exfoliation, mask, massage) with a esthetician. You’ll come out of it relaxed and glowing, with great skin.
9. Avoid tobacco and alcohol, as these give you a dull, lifeless complexion.
10. Think about your diet, and make sure you’re feeding your skin all the essential vitamins and minerals. In no time at all, your skin will be more beautiful, smoother, and glowing with health.